“Set a goal, …FOCUS, …BELIEVE and you will get ANYWHERE YOU WANT IN LIFE!!” ~ Svetlana Romanova
February’s almost half over, can you believe it?? How are your goals going? So far so good here! Finally bit the bullet and purchased a new treadmill this afternoon. I LOVE doing Tabata sprints…I look like a crazy mad woman running at 10mph; was going to get the one that went up to 12mph but didn’t want to fork out an extra $200 just for speed!
Found the following on Facebook last night, but didn’t copy and paste it til today. Enjoy! (Which step are you at?)
20 step story of a typical CrossFitter by Richard Wong
1. Hear about CrossFit through someone that is annoying and obsessed.
2. Attend a Free class…and one of two things happen – you love it & you are hooked already (skip to #6) OR…
3. Still very skeptical, go back to the couch or your regular way of training… but…whether you like it or not, can’t stop thinking about & hearing about CrossFit and all those fit, amazing, fun people.
4. Come back again, start asking more questions & poking around at the equipment.
5. Check out some links online, one thing leads to another & hrs pass by.
6. Join a box.
7. Start carving out 3ish hrs a week to do a bunch of crazy functional stuff that hurts a lot but feels so good.
8. Friend other CrossFitters on facebook.
9. Rip your hands open, a little shocked and in a bit of pain…you’re smiling on the inside. It feels cool.
10. Start using the lingo… “WOD” “Rx’d”, “AMRAP” “Snatch” & “Fran”.
11. Attend some CrossFit oriented events and begin actually looking forward to working out on the weekends.
12. Lift a barbell that weighs more than you off the ground.
13. Continue to drink too much & overload on carbs bc now that you train so hard, you deserve to celebrate with a few beers and a pizza.
14. Buy some t-shirts that have catchy slogans on them and special shoes.
15. Date someone from the box. Stalk games athletes online.
16. Realize after 6 months or so that you are slightly stagnant and need to give this dreaded Paleo stuff a try. Educate yourself & commit to trying a Paleolitic-based Diet.
17. See drastic improvements, feel incredible, dominate workouts like never before and preach about eating like a caveman to everyone you know.
18. Talk about CrossFit. Think about CrossFit. Dream about CrossFit.
19. Get a CrossFit inspired tattoo…ok probably not but at least rock a bumper sticker.
20. Bleed this lifestyle, surround yourself with likeminded people, & want everyone that you love and care about to join your CrossFit ways…. because you know, that as of now, & as far as you can see…there is no better method.
(FYI: you are now that ‘someone’ from Step #1)
I was talking to a friend this afternoon about the whole process of how we got to where we are with CrossFit…It’s sooo cool to be in the presence of so many like minded individuals. I know many of my non-CrossFitting friends think I’m crazy or something, but dangit, I’m HAPPY! Probably the happiest I’ve been in my life because I’m sharing this with my family and my CF family. So I’m sorry if some people don’t “Get it…”; their loss in my opinion! Whenever someone is ready to change their life, send them my way or better yet, YOU show them the way!
I’m really hoping to be open on Monday, but if not then I will make up the day on Thursday. PLEASE make sure you check the site before leaving for the box!!
Pre-Squat Hip Mobility (Test/Re-test)
Tabata This & That (12/28)
20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest; one minute rest in between movements. Record the least Reps done for each movement… (HOWEVER, that does not mean that if you do less reps in a round you shouldn’t try for more in the subsequent rounds! Keep working!)
Extra Clips from Coach Sam…take a look at them please!
Be safe if there is accumulating snow and WATCH OUT for the CRAZY drivers!!
Have a SUPER MONDAY!
Work Hard, Eat Clean, Be Blessed!!
P.S. if any of the people who talked to me about joining up for the Feb. 20th CF101 class is reading, better get your $$ to me to reserve your spot! I’d hate to give the spot to someone who makes the commmittment with their payment and you miss out!